Preparation Time-40 minutes
- Baby Potato (boiled and peeled)-600 gm
- Chopped onions-3
- Garlic cloves(peeled)-10 to 12
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Cashew nut-12 to 15
- Curd (whisk it)-1/2 cup
- Tomato puree-1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Kasuri methi-1 tsp
- Whole garam masala(1 green cardamom, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 1/4 javitri, 2 loung cloves)
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-6 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Prick the boiled potatoes with fork, add little red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt into it.
- Mix it properly and shallow fry it on medium heat for 2-3 minutes (keep it aside).
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp oil into the pan and let the oil heat.
- Add whole garam masala and fry it for 5-7 seconds, add cashew nut and fry it for 10 seconds.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic in pan and fry it for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns little soft.
- Turn off the flame, let the fried ingredients cool down. Take out in a blending jar and blend it into thick smooth paste (do not add water).
- Heat the same pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder into the hot oil for nice and rich colour of gravy.
- Add the masala paste and fry it with red chilli and turmeric powder for 1-2 minute on medium flame.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and black pepper powder into the masala paste, mix it.
- Mix it properly and fry the masala till the oil is separated from the masala paste.
- Add tomato puree, mix it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame (cover the pan).
- Add curd (simmer the flame before puting it in the pan), stir it continuously.
- Fry the masala on low flame for one more minute, add one glass of water and stir.
- Add garam masala powder add salt to taste ( I had already added salt in the potato).
- Crush the kashuri methi on your palm and put in the gravy, stir it.
- Add the fried potatoes into the gravy, mix it, cover the pan and let the gravy come to boil.
- Add coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Ready to serve with roti, rice and pulao etc.