Preparation time-40 minutes
- Drumstick(sahjan)-150 gm (chopped, peeled and washed)
- Potato(peeled, chopped and washed)-4(medium)
- Garlic(peeled)-12 to 15
- Ginger(chopped)-2 inch
- Mustard seeds-2 tsp
- Tomato (chopped)-2 (medium)
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add mustard seeds, garlic and ginger in a blending jar.
- Add little water and blend it into smooth paste.
- Take it out from the blending jar and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add chopped potato and fry it for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add drumstick and fry it with potato for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Take out the fried potato and drumstick in a plate and keep it aside.
- Add oil in the same pan and let it heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds, reduce the flame to low.
- Add blended masala paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Mix it and fry the masala for 2 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring.
- Add chopped tomato, cover the pan and cook it on low-medium flame for 4-5 minutes, keep stirring in between.
- Add one glass of water, cover the pan and let the curry boil on high flame.
- Add fried vegetables and salt to taste, Cover the pan and cook it for 7-8 minutes on low flame.
- Check the potato with fork/knife (cook it for another 2-3 minutes if the potatoes are not cooked properly)
- Turn off the flame and ready to serve with plain steam rice or jeera.