Preparation time-30 minutes
- Flattened rice(Poha/Chivda)-100 gm(any kind of poha)
- Fresh green peas-250 gm
- Green chilli (slit)-2 to 3
- Chopped garlic-8 to 10
- Chopped onion-1 (large)
- Cooking oil-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan, Add flattened rice and roast it for 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Once the flattened rice turns crispy, take it out in a plate and keep it aside.
- Add oil in the same pan and let it heat properly.
- Add garlic and green chilli in hot oil, fry it for few seconds on low-medium flame.
- Add onions and fry it for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add green peas, turmeric powder and salt to taste, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan, cook it for 4-5 minutes on low flame or till the peas are cooked properly.
- Add roasted flattened rice, mix it and cook it on medium flame for one more minute, keep stirring.
- Turn off the flame and ready to serve hot.
- You may sprinkle little black salt to enhance the taste.
- Serve it instantly otherwise the poha will be soft and chewy.