Preparation time-30 minutes
- Rice-1 glass or 250 gm
- Tomato-5 or 500 gm
- Chopped onion-3
- Dry red chilli-2
- Black cardamom-1
- cinnamon stick-1 inch
- Bay leaves-2
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add all the tomatoes, 1 and 1/2 glass of water in a pressure cooker.
- Boil the tomatoes for two whistle on high flame, turn off the flame.
- Take out the tomatoes and blend the boiled tomato into puree (do not blend the stock of tomatoes).
- Add the tomato stock in puree to increase its quantity to 2 glass (double of rice quantity).
- Turn on the flame and heat a pressure cooker.
- Add oil and let the oil heat, add all the whole spices and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder, mix it and cook it for a minute.
- Add washed rice, salt and 2 glass of prepared tomato puree, stir it.
- Cover the lid and cook it on high flame for one whistle.
- Turn off the flame, let the pressure cooker cool down completely.
- Ready to serve with raita, curry or as it is.