Preparation time-45 minutes
- Raw/unripe mango (peeled and chopped)-800 gm
- Sugar-500 gm
- Panch phoran -1 tsp
( Fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal parts)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil-1 tbsp
- Heat a thick bottom pan, add cooking oil and let it heat.
- Add panch phoron and fry it for 8-10 seconds.
- Add raw mango, fry the mango on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Take out the fried mango in a bowl, wipe the pan with kitchen towel.
- Add sugar and 1/4 glass of water in the same pan, stir it.
- Boil it on medium flame for 2-3 minutes, keep stirring.
- Reduce the flame to slow and boil it on slow flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add mango, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix it.
- Cover the pan and cook it on slow flame for 22-25 minutes, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely,ready to serve.
- Store in a jar and consume it for up to 8-10 days (keep refrigerated).