Preparation time-30 minutes
- Paneer cubes(Indian cottage cheese)-200 gm
- Ginger (peeled)-1 inch
- Garlic cloves (peeled)-8
- Chopped tomato-2 (medium)
- Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Cashew-10 to 12 pcs
- Black cardamom-1
- Green cardamom-2
- Cinnamon stick-1/2 inch
- Cloves (lavang)-2
- Curd-1/3 cup
- Fresh cream-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Saffron(kesar)-1 pinch (optional)
- Turn on the flame and heat a pressure cooker pan.
- Add chopped tomato, Chopped onion, garlic, ginger, almonds and cashews.
- Fry it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring.
- Add one glass of water, stir it and close the lid of pressure cooker.
- Boil it for two whistle on high flame and turn off the flame.
- Open pressure cooker when it has cooled down.
- Take out the boiled ingredient in a blending jar, keep the stock(boiled water) separate for further use.
- Grind it into smooth paste(do not add water or stock), keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil and let the oil heat properly.
- Add whole spices and fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder in the oil, mix it.
- Add blended masala paste, coriander powder and cumin powder, stir it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Reduce the flame to low, whisk the curd and add it in the fried masala paste, keep stirring, cook it for a minute.
- Add stock/water(1/2 glass), salt to taste and stir it, cover the pan and cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Add paneer and gently mix it, add fresh cream and stir.
- Add garam masala powder, mix it and cover the pan, cook it for another minute on low flame.
- Turn off the flame, ready to serve.
Serving tip :Garnish with some chopped almond, cashew, saffron and cream.