Preparation Time-30 minutes
- Kala chana whole/Bengal gram-250 gm (Soak it for 10-12 hours)
- Chopped onion-2
- Chopped tomato-2
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli-1
- Bay leaves-2
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan, allow the oil to heat properly.
- Add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and bay leaves, fry it for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions, fry it on medium flame till it turns soft .
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry it for a minute with onions on medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato, cook it on medium flame till tomatoes turns soft .
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add soaked kala chana and mix it with cooked masala.
- Increase the flame to medium and fry it for 2 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add 1.5 glass of water, garam masala powder and salt.
- Close the cooker lid with whistle, cook it for 5 whistles on medium flame.
- After five whistles, turn off the flame and allow the cooker to cool down.
- Open the lid carefully, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and stir it.
- Garnish with onion slices, ready to serve.