Preparation time-40 minutes
- All purpose flour/wheat flour-200 gm
- Ghee/vegetable oil-50 gm
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Add black pepper, ajwain and salt into the flour and mix it properly.
- Add ghee and mix it in the flour for a minute.
- Add water and knead the flour into dough(dough should be a little stiffer than the chapati dough).
- Cover the dough and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it into chapati shape with rolling pin.
- Cut it into diamond shape chunks with knife and take out in a plate.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Put one namakpara into the oil to check the temperature of oil.
- Put the small portion of namakpara into the hot oil carefully.
- Fry it on low-medium flame till it turns golden.
- Take it out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Repeat the frying steps to fry the remaining namakparas.
- Ready to serve.
*Storing Tip-store it in a airtight container and consume it within 2 week