Preparation time-40 minutes
- Raw mango (Cut in slice)-500 gm
- Sugar-150 gm
- Jaggery-150 gm
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Panch Phoron-1 tsp
( Fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal parts)
- Roasted masala powder-1/2 tsp
(Cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper and dry red chilli-roast it and grind it-video recipe available on my YOUTUBE Channel)
- Cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turn on the flame and heat a pan.
- Once the pan is heated, add cooking oil and let the oil heat.
- Add panch phoron, dry red chilli and bay leaves into the hot oil and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped raw mango and 1/2 tsp salt, mix it properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it on low flame for 20 minutes, keep stirring in between.
- After 20 minutes, add sugar and jaggery and mix it.
- Cover the pan again and cook it on low flame till the sugar and jaggery gets dissolved, keep stirring in between.
- Remove the lid and keep stirring till it turns thick (cook it for 3-4 minutes without covering the pan).
- Add roasted masala powder, mix it and turn off the flame.
- Ready to serve with Roti, Paratha, Puri etc.
- You can consumed this chutney upto a week from day of preparation if kept in fridge.