Preparation time-30 minutes
- Boiled potato-3
- Gram flour-100 gm
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Chat masala powder-1/3 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Cooking oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Grate/mash/blend the boiled potato in a bowl.
- Add gram flour, asafoetida, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Mix it properly and knead it into dough (add little water if needed).
- Add little oil into the dough to make it smooth.
- Take bhujiya making machine or sev maker and grease it with little oil from inside.
- Take the prepared dough and roll it into a log and gently place it in the bhujiya machine and close the cap.
- Turn on the flame, heat sufficient oil in a thick and deep pan.
- Once the oil is heated properly, reduce the flame to medium.
- Carefully, press the bhujiya maker directly over the hot oil, move bhujiya maker it in a way that the bhujiya is evenly distributed in oil.
- Fry it on medium flame for few seconds and then flip it to fry other side.
- Once the bhujiya turns golden and crispy, take it out on kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Repeat the same process for remaining dough.
- Slowly crush the fried bhujia to make small pieces, sprinkle little chat masala over it.
- Ready to serve, you may store it in an air-tight jar and consume it later.