Preparation Time:30 minutes
- Urad Dal-1 cup (100 gm)
- Rice(any)-1/4 cup(25 gm)
- Sugar -2 large cup(250 gm)
- Lemon slice/wedges-2
- Orange food colour-1/2 tbsp
- Cooking oil or ghee for fry
- Soak the Urad dal for about 6-8 hrs and soak the rice for about an hour.
- Put the soaked urad dal and rice together in a blending jar and add food colour.
- Add 1/4 cup of water in the blender and blend it into a thick smooth paste.
- Take any soft plain plastic bag or cloth (I used milk packet), fill 1/3 of the bag with batter.
- Bring the edges together and put a elastic rubber to seal it from one side, make the shape of plastic bag like a mehndi cone.
- Make a very small hole by cutting the cloth or plastic, check the flow of batter.
For Sugar Syrup(chasni):-
- Heat a pan and put the sugar in it, add 2 cup of water and let it boil.
- Add lemon slices in the sugar syrup for nice colour and rich taste of syrup.
- Remove the lemon slices when the sugar starts becoming thick.
- Boil it on medium flame and keep stirring till it reaches single thread consistency.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add sufficient oil or ghee into the pan, let the oil heat.
- Hold tightly and press the batter through the hole into the hot oil.
- Make a small circle, in the same consistency/flow make two or three small circles inside the first circle.
- Fry it on slow heat, Flip it to fry other side.
- Deep fry on both the sides till it turns crisp and light golden brown.
- Drain the oil from hot jalebi and dip it into the sugar syrup immediately.
- Remember:Sugar syrup must be hot (put on flame on low heat if needed).
- Dip the jalebi into the hot sugar syrup properly for 3-4 minutes.
- Take out in a plate and serve hot.