Preparation time-40 minutes
- Whole black gram-100 gm(Soaked for 7-8 hours)
- Split bengal gram(chana dal)- 50 gm(soaked it for 7-8 hours)
- Chopped ginger-2 inch
- Chopped green chilli-2
- Finely Chopped onion-2 (medium)
- Grated garlic-12 to 15
- Grated ginger-2 inch
- Tomato puree-100 gm (1 cup)
- Fresh cream-100 gm
- Butter/ghee-50 gm
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder(kashmiri)-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add soaked black gram and split bengal gram in a pressure cooker.
- Add 1.5 glass of water and 1/2 tsp salt, close the lid and boil it for 5-6 whistle on high flame.
- Turn off the flame and let the pressure cooker cool down.
- Heat a pan, keep the flame on medium and add butter, let it melt.
- Add grated garlic and ginger, fry it for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, fry it for few seconds with onions.
- Add tomato puree, mix it and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled dal, mix it and cook it for 2 minutes, keep stirring.
- Reduce the flame to low-medium, add one glass of water, cover the pan and cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cream and mix it, add salt and garam masala powder, cover the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with butter and cream and serve hot.