Preparation time-25 minutes
- Basmati rice (long grain)-1 glass
- Water -1 and 3/4 glass (1.75 glass)
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick-2 inch
- Black cardamom-1
- Dry red chilli-2
- Bay leaves-2
- Chopped coriander leaves-1/3 cup
- Ghee/cooking oil-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turn on the flame, heat a pan.
- Add ghee/oil in the pan and let it heat.
- Add cinnamon stick, cardamom, dry red chilli and bay leaves, fry it for few seconds.
- Add cumin seeds, fry it for 10-15 seconds on medium flame.
- Add washed rice, water (1 and 3/4 glass) and 1/2 tsp of salt, stir it.
- Cover the pan and cook it on high flame till it starts boiling.
- Once the rice starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium flame and cook it for another 7-8 minutes (partially cover the pan).
- Reduce the flame to low, stir it and cover half of the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Turn off the flame, cover the pan and leave the rice covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Ready to serve with dal tadka, dal fry or any curry.